Looking for a backup generator to backup the mains power of your home?
Gogopower is here to help you select the right generator for you. The right generator means that it is the correct sizing for your needs - to help generate power when there is a black-out or an emergency.
Australians have been facing a tough time at the time we're writing this in 2020... including blackouts, bushfires and now the pandemic COVID-19.
Exceptional circumstances can happen anytime. And something as essential as your home's energy cannot be risked.
Therefore, it's essential to be prepared in advance and have plan for backup energy.
How to choose the right home backup generator
To choose the right generator to meet your requirements, the following need to be considered:
- Prepare a list of all the equipment and tools that is required to be powered during the mains failure or when backup energy is required.
- Find the total power usage of the equipment and tools. This can be done by finding the wattage of the product. Calculate the total maximum wattage of all the products.
- This wattage than can be converted into Amperes. Usually for homes, the supply voltage is 240 V compared to commercial areas which is 415 V. The following formulae can be used to get the output in Amperes. Amperes are Watts divided by Volts.
- If you can't calculate your Amperes, Gogopower can help you. Contact a Gogopower Representative with your total power usage and we'll sort out the rest.
- The representative will provide you with the exact diesel generator that will meet your power requirements whether for Prime or Standby applications.
The above method is an approximation in order to identify your overall load. It is always advisable to get your load assessed by a qualified electrician who can than provide you with a comprehensive report.
You can than provided this report to Gogopower team and based on the report they will provide you with a diesel generator that will meet your power requirements.
Knowing the electrical load is recommended before getting a diesel generator because this will avoid underloading and overloading of the diesel generator.
Otherwise, getting an oversized or undersized diesel generator can deteriorates the life of the engine. In case you are not familiar with any electrician nearby, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We will try to assist you with arranging and finding a local electrician to get your load assessed which might incur additional cost depending on the location.
You always have the option to connect your equipment via switchboard to diesel generator as our generators are equipped with live hot terminal.
However, if required, sockets can be configured on the diesel generator to obtain power directly without connecting to the switchboard.
Gogopower also recommends for you to have clear set of instructions from your local council or relevant authorities when considering a diesel generator for you home.
Different states have different rules and regulations for a diesel generator regarding its size, DB volume and the location where it is required to be placed.
In case of any uncertainty, please contact Gogopower Sales team and they can support you with your enquiries.